Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Today is the day!!!!

Sorry I haven't updated the blog sooner. I brought my new computer with me, but unfortunately the cord has three prongs and my adapter only takes two prongs. Sheesh! So, I have been limited to say the least. Oh well.

The flights went well on Saturday and Sunday. Thankfully, since I am on my own this week, the person who was supposed to be at the airport to meet me was there. :-) We came straight to Tver (yes, that is the region our little Dima is from). It is apporximately 100 km north of Moscow. All of the snow is gone. The timing of our trips have been pretty cool. When we first came in the beginning of March, it was covered in snow. Our second trip the beginning of April had some snow, and now it is all melted. I would love to see it here in the summer when everything is green. I find Tver to be a beautiful city. It is located on the Volga river, which is a very large river in Russia. Our first trip we saw men ice fishing and the last two trips we have seen people kayaking & canoeing.

I was able to see Dima on Sunday afternoon. He finally has a tooth that has broken through, and several more to follow soon. I was also able to see him Monday morning. However, when it was time for our visit on Monday afternoon they said he had a fever from his teeth. The next time I will see him I will be breaking him out of there! I was torn between taking him this afteroon or waiting until Thursday. I considered waiting simply because once I have him, we will be essentially confined to the hotel room. It is still cold here and since he has never been outside I did not want to risk him getting sick. BUT, I am not waiting to get him! No way. I don't know what I was thinking even considering it. I have waited too long for this day....and it's my birthday. What better way to celebrate?

It was interesting buying food for him yesterday. You take for granted raising a child from birth. You already know their likes and dislikes, what they are allergic too, exactly how much they eat and drink. We mentioned in an earlier post that they gave the babies tea to drink. When shopping for his food, I saw that they even sell baby chai (tea). I can't believe it!

As I mentioned earlier, my computer is not working. I am at the computer in the 'business center' of the hotel. Unfortunately, my pictures of Dima are on my computer, which has no charge left on it. I was really hoping to post pictures (FINALLY) of him today. Perhaps my hubby can do it from home.

Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers. Can you believe THE day is finally here? I cannot! I hope to post more soon. I will email Shane to ask that he post pictures. Dmitry is such a little doll. I am sure that you will agree. :-)

~Teddi

No comments: