Thursday, March 12, 2009

Home Sweet Home

We made it home safe and sound on Sunday evening. It was bittersweet when our plane touched ground in Indy. While we were so thankful to be home, it was hard to grasp that our baby boy was an ocean away.

We flew over Greenland on our way home, and I was very fascinated by it (perhaps a little more than I should have been). Below, I have posted a picture. You know what they say...Greenland is ice and Iceland is green. Go figure!


Our court dates were scheduled for March 23rd and 24th. We were set to leave next Thursday, March 19th, to go back. Unfortunately, our dates have been pushed out a little further and we are now scheduled to leave April 1st with court scheduled for the 6th and 7th (knock on wood). (Little fact: the expression "knock on wood" is used quite often by the director of our adoption agency. She always (literally) knocks on wood after she says it, too. We love it!)

Although we wish we were returning back next week, it does give us a little more time to plan the girls' birthdays. Grace will celebrate her 6th birthday on March 27th and Tori will celebrate her 14th on April 4th. March and April are busy times in our household. Shane and I just celebrated our anniversary last week on March 10th, my birthday comes close to the end of April and now our little guy will round out the 6-1/2 weeks of 'Barney celebrations' with his birthday which falls on April 26th.

Today I dropped off the LAST of the paperwork (we can only hope) to the agency. Our agency has another family traveling to Russia this weekend and they will be carrying those documents with them to hand off to the coordinator when they arrive in Moscow. Hooray!

No comments: