We landed in Moscow and were met prompltly by our coordinator and our driver. That was a relief. After a 1 hour drive from the airport to our hotel in downtown Moscow, we were exhausted, but thankful that we managed through the traffic alive.
Once at our hotel, we ventured out for a bite to eat. We found a little cafe down the street from the hotel. We had no idea what we were ordering and it turns out we think we ordered the lunch special because when we asked for a menu, the waitress replied, "A menu lunch??" To which, I replied, "Yes, Lunch". And the next thing you know, a big Russian waiter is bringing us soup, salad, and a meat and potato dish to eat.
From there we went to Red Square to do some sight seeing. Below is a picture of Teddi in front of Red Square on the marching pad with St. Basil's Cathedral in the distance and the other is a picture of me in front of Lenin's tomb (I think??). Not so good with the cryllic alphabet yet.
1 comment:
It is great to hear that you made it safely yo Russia. I wasn't aware that you barely beat a blizzard out of NYC. I'll bet you were relieved to see your coordinator upon arrival. I also would have eaten any food that Igor put in fromt of me. What color is Red Square? It was hard to tell from the picture :). Maybe by the time you read this, you have been introduced to your son. Wow, will that be a moment you will never forget! We will continue thinking and praying for you...please continue to keep us POSTED!
Post a Comment