Friday, May 9, 2008

An update - Finally!

Greetings! I know it's been a while (over 2 months) since we have updated our blog. Believe me, if you were frustrated imagine how we felt! (Mark L., I thought you would be especially excited). Ha!
We just found out on Tuesday that our paperwork is officially in Moscow being translated. Once that is finished it will be put into a specific region and we will know where we are going when we travel.
We received our I-171H form from US Immigration on April 22nd. That was exciting just for the fact that we MUST have that approval before we travel and it can take a really long time to get back.
AND, we had a HUGE garage sale on April 25th and 26th (with a bake sale on Saturday) to raise funds for travel expenses. We were so blessed! We received so many donations for the garage sale, donations for the bake sale and you wouldn't believe all of the people that helped selflessly in one way or another! It was incredible! For us, it was more confirmation that we are doing what God has planned for us. We actually raised almost $2100. Amazing! And we still have enough to hold another sale which will be in the next few weeks.
We were even given a beautiful crib and matching dresser for "L.G.'s" room (my mom's group has nicknamed our "little guy" L.G.). Once we paint, I will post pictures.
Thank you so much for all of your prayers, support and encouragement!

No comments: