Tuesday, February 5, 2008

FBI Clearance

Hooray! Today we received our FBI Clearance. Shane was worried he wouldn't receive clearance. ha ha! It is incredible how quickly we received these back!

Our goal is to have our dossier ready to be apostilled by next week. We have our home visit (which will be #3 of 4 homestudy visits) on Thursday afternoon. The girls are really excited about this. I am hoping we will be able to schedule our fourth (and last) homestudy appointment for early next week.

The playroom has been cleared out. We have two friends that have offered to loan us a their cribs which is great! I had my physical yesterday and Shane goes on Thursday morning. We filed our tax return which will be a big help when that comes in. We are in the process of completing our 10 hours of mandatory online adoption education courses. Things are moving quickly and smoothly so far.

I just found out today that a couple at our church will be leaving a week from Friday to travel to Russia for their second trip and should be bringing their son home! Their journey has lasted about 9 months start to finish.

Hopefully things will continue to move as smoothly as they have already. I think that once we submit our dossier we start the holding pattern until we receive word that we have a referral.

Thank you for your prayers and encouragement!

T-

No comments: